Commercial Enterprise Cabinet Member – Minutes 26 October 2016
The council had received nominations from South Ferriby Parish Council proposing that the following properties located in South Ferriby were listed as Assets of Community Value:
· Sluice Road Allotments,
· The Hope and Anchor Public House,
· The Post Office and Stores, and
· Cemex Bowls Club,
For a local group to successfully nominate an asset it would have to show that:
· it was based within the local authority area (or a neighbouring authority); and
· it was a group that was qualified to make a nomination.
The responsibility for deciding whether to list a building or land as an Asset of Community Value was delegated to council officers, subject to consultation with the Cabinet Member.
Listed assets must either improve, or had improved the community’s social-wellbeing or social interest. They must also be likely of doing so in the future.
Resolved – (a) That the report be noted, and (b) that the proposals for the following properties be listed as Assets of Community Value be supported:
· Sluice Road Allotments, South Ferriby
· The Hope and Anchor Public House, South Ferriby
· Cemex South Ferriby Bowls Club, and
· Post Office and Stores, Sluice Road, South Ferriby.
The corresponding report of the following item (Minute 10 refers) contains exempt information as defined in Paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
10 (10) PROPERTY TRANSACTION SCHEDULE – The Director of Places submitted a report for consideration, and where necessary, approval of a schedule containing the terms of all recently negotiated property transactions.
The schedule covered both operational and commercial property.
Resolved – That the schedule appended to the report be approved.