Licensing (Activities) Sub-Committee – 11 August 2015
Chairman: To be appointed
Venue: The Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 10 am
1. Appointment of Chairman.
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests, and significant contact with applicants, objectors or third parties (lobbying), if any.
3. Licensing Act 2003 – Notice of Hearing
(i) Application for the Variation of a Premises Licence, Priory Hotel, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
4. Any other items which the chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillors Clark, Grant and K Vickers.
The sub-committee met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
1256 CHAIRMAN – Resolved – That Councillor K Vickers be and he is hereby appointed chairman for the meeting.
Councillor K Vickers thereupon took the chair.
1257 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS, PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND SIGNIFICANT CONTACT WITH APPLICANTS, OBJECTORS OR THIRD PARTIES (LOBBYING) – There were no declarations of pecuniary interests or personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
1258 (17) LICENSING ACT 2003 – APPLICATION FOR THE VARIATION OF A premises licence, PRIORY HOTEL, ASHBY ROAD, SCUNTHORPE- The Director of Places submitted a report advising members of an application for the variation of a premises licence at the Priory Hotel, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe.
Details of the application were outlined in the report, together with the application for the variation of the premises licence, four letters of objection from Interested Parties, an e mail received from Humberside Police, a letter received from Humberside Fire and Rescue Service, an e mail received from Environmental Health and a location map.
The Director in his report reminded the sub-committee that the options available to it under the Licensing Act 2003 when considering such applications were:
- To refuse to vary the licence
- To vary the licence with additional conditions
- To vary the licence without additional conditions
- To vary the licence but restrict the licensable activities
- To vary the licence with restricted timesRepresentatives of Greene King (the applicant) and an Interested Persons addressed the sub-committee and responded to questions.Following the summary of the case, the meeting was adjourned for deliberation by members and then reconvened when the decision of the sub-committee was stated as follows: –
Resolved – That the licence be varied, as applied for.