Licensing Committee – 26 January 2017
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests, and significant contact with applicants, objectors or third parties (lobbying), if any.
3. To take the minutes of the meeting of this committee held on 24 November 2016, as a correct record and authorise the Chairman to sign.
4. Sub-Committee Proceedings – To receive and where necessary confirm the minutes of the meeting of the following sub-committees-
(i) Licensing (Miscellaneous) Sub-Committee held on 28 September and 8 December 2016.
5. Licensing Act 2003 – Review of Licensing Policy
6. Any other items that the chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor K Vickers in the chair.
Councillors P Vickers (Vice-Chairman), Ali, Allcock, Clark, Collinson, Ellerby, Glover, Mumby-Croft, Ogg, Oldfield, Rowson, Wells and Wilson.
The committee met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
1386 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS, PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND SIGNIFICANT CONTACT WITH APPLICANTS, OBJECTORS OR THIRD PARTIES (LOBBYING) – The following members declared personal interests –
Nature of Interest
|Councillor Ali||Taxi Licence Holder|
|Councillor Oldfield||Personal Licence holder|
1387 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of thiscommittee held on 24 November 2016, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chairman, subject to an amendment to Minute 1370, following a request from Councillor O’Sullivan that her declaration be deleted.
1388 SUB-COMMITTEE PROCEEDINGS – Resolved – That the minutes of the meetings of the Licensing (Miscellaneous) Sub-Committee held on 8 December 2016 be received.
1389 (23) LICENSING ACT 2003 – REVIEW OF LICENSING POLICY – The Director of Places submitted a report that sought approval for the revised Licensing Policy.
The current Licensing Policy was approved by the committee in November 2010 and by Council in January 2011.
In accordance with Section 5 of the Licensing Act 2003, there was a requirement for the policy to be reviewed every five years. The Act stipulated that in reviewing the policy, the council must consult the police, fire and rescue service, licence holders, persons representing licence holders and other businesses or persons as the council deem suitable.
The consultation on the policy started in November 2016 and closed on 16 December 2016.
The revised draft policy was attached as Appendix A to the report, while a copy of the Cumulative Impact Policy was attached as Appendix B. This took into account new regulations that had come into force over the last five years and any points raised through the consultation process.
Recommended to Council – That the Licensing Policy be approved.