Licensing (Activities) Sub-Committee – 28 July 2017
1. Appointment of Chairman.
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests, personal or personal and prejudicial interests, and significant contact with applicants, objectors or third parties (lobbying), if any.
3. Licensing Act 2003 -Temporary Event Notice – Clampit Creek, Blackmoor Lane, Haxey
4. Any other items which the chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillors K Vickers, Wells and Wilson.
The sub-committee met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
1445 CHAIRMAN – Resolved – That Councillor K Vickers be and he is hereby appointed chairman for the meeting.
Councillor Vickers thereupon took the chair.
1446 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS, PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND SIGNIFICANT CONTACT WITH APPLICANTS, OBJECTORS OR THIRD PARTIES (LOBBYING) – There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests or personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No lobbying was declared.
1447 (9) LICENSING ACT 2003 – APPLICATION FOR A TEMPORARY EVENT NOTICE, CLAMPIT CREEK, BLACKMOOR LANE, HAXEY – The Director: Operations submitted a report advising members of an application for a Temporary Event Notice at Clampit Creek, Blackmoor Lane, Haxey.
Details of the application were outlined in the report, together with the application for a Temporary Event Notice, a letter of objection from Environmental Health (Commercial), a location map, additional documentation submitted by Environmental Health (Commercial) with the return of their counter notice and additional documentation submitted by the applicant with the return of their counter notice.
The Director in his report reminded the sub-committee that the options available to it under the Licensing Act 2003 when considering such applications were:
- To issue a Counter Notice
- Not to issue a Counter Notice
- Impose relevant conditions (only where the event has an existing premises licence)
The applicant and Environmental Health (Commercial) addressed the sub-committee and responded to questions.
Resolved – The sub-committee agreed that following the applicants statement whereby he confirmed that live entertainment would conclude by 22:30 hours on each day, the members had therefore agreed not to issue a counter notice.