Economic Development and Corporate Issues Scrutiny Panel – 9 June 2008
PRESENT:- Councillor Smith in the chair.
Councillors Wardle (vice-chairman), Ali, Bainbridge, Barkworth, Berry and Waltham.
The panel met at Pittwood House, Scunthorpe.
55 DECLARATIONS OF PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – The following members declared a personal interest in the following matter: –
|Member||Minute||Subject and Nature of Interest|
|Councillor M Ali||57||Licence Holder|
No whip was declared.
56 PUBLIC SPEAKING – There were no requests from members of the public to address the Scrutiny Panel.
57 (1) REVIEW OF COUNCIL MEDIA AND ADVERTISEMENTS – Consideration of the draft report. The panel engaged in discussion over the content, conclusions and recommendations made within the report. It was agreed that the report be presented to the next Council meeting on 25 June 2008.
Resolved – That the report on the review of Council Media and Advertisments be approved and submitted to council for its consideration.
58 CONSIDERATION OF FUTURE WORK ITEMS – The Service Director Legal and Democratic circulated information on possible future scrutiny review topics. Members were asked to consider these and any other topics that they felt relevant.
Members agreed on the following work programme:
- Review of Markets within North Lincolnshire – to look at location, type of stalls, publicity, declining numbers of market users, incentives to attract new traders.
- Review on the relationship with the voluntary and community groups.
- Review of the Flood Forum
- Community Transport – whether this is meeting the needs of people living in North Lincolnshire.
- Worklessness in the North Lincolnshire authority area – It was agreed that this could be incorporated into a review of the Local Area Agreement (LAA) and a review of the block of targets surrounding this particular subject.
Resolved – (a) That the panel engage in a review of the Markets within North Lincolnshire, (b) that the relevant council officers be invited to attend a future meeting to provide insight into the relationship with the Voluntary and Community sector, provide an update on the Flood Forum and also an overview of the LAA targets.
59 (2) LEADER OF THE COUNCILS FORWARD PLAN – JUNE TO SEPTEMBER 2008 – The Service Director Legal and Democratic circulated the Leader of North Lincolnshire Council’s Forward Plan for June to September 2008.
The plan contained details of all matters and issues likely to be the subject of key decisions for a period of the next four months, updated on a monthly basis.
Resolved – That the Leader of the Council’s Forward Plan for June to September 2008 be noted.
60 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for discussion at this meeting.