Safer and Stronger Communities Scrutiny Panel – 20 October 2009
PRESENT: Councillor Davison in the Chair.
Councillors Waltham (vice-chair), Ali, Clark, N Sherwood, Smith and Wilson
The panel met at Pittwood House, Scunthorpe.
197 DECLARATIONS OF PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – The following members declared personal interests in the following matter: –
Nature of Interest
|Councillor Davison||198||Husband employed by Neighbourhood and Environmental Services|
|Councillor Clark||198||Relative received flood grant from North Lincolnshire Council|
|Councillor N Sherwood||198||Member of Ancholme Internal Drainage Board|
|Councillor Smith||198||Member of Ancholme Internal Drainage Board|
|Councillor Wilson||198||Member of Scunthorpe Internal Drainage Board|
|Councillor Waltham||198||Member of Scunthorpe Internal Drainage Board|
No whip was declared.
198 LOCAL ACTION TAKEN TO MANAGE FLOOD RISK IN NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE – Members of the scrutiny panel conducted the following interviews with stakeholders responsible for flood protection as part of their on-going review into the ‘local action taken to manage flood risk in North Lincolnshire’ –
- David Hoskins – Asset Management – Environment Agency (Midlands)
- Innes Thomson – Area Flood Risk Manager for Midlands East Area – Environment Agency (Midlands)
- Margaret Burrup – Sewer Flooding Manager – Severn Trent
- Ian Smith – Project Officer – Severn Trent
- David Sissons – Isle of Axholme Drainage Board
- Peter Joyce – Anglian Water
- Bill Hill – Principal Officer – Development Control – North Lincolnshire Council
- Chris Barwell – Spatial Planning Manager – North Lincolnshire Council
- Craig Fotheringham – Senior Planning Officer – North Lincolnshire Council
- Trevor Laming – Head of Communities and Environment – North Lincolnshire Council
- Jim Marshall – Flood Incident Management Team Leader – Environment Agency (Anglian)
Resolved – (a) That the aforementioned stakeholders be thanked for their attendance and input into the meeting, and (b) that the position be noted.