People Scrutiny Panel – 13 December 2016
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. Public speaking requests (if any)
4. To take the minutes of the meetings of the panel held on 20 September 2016, 11 October 2016, 2 November 2016, and 22 November 2016 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
5. Supporting Looked After Children into Education, Employment and Training.
4.1 Informal discussion with the Virtual School Head Teacher.
4.2 Next stages
6. Added Item (if any).
7. Any other items, which the chairman decides are urgent, by reasons of special circumstances, which must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Marper in the Chair.
Councillors Collinson (Vice-Chair), Bainbridge, Clark, and Longcake.
Statutory Co-opted Member: Mr W Egan (church representative) and Mr S Milner (Parent Governor Representative).
The panel met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
390 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
391 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK– There were no requests received.
392 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 20 September 2016, 11 October 2016, 2 November 2016, and 22 November 2016, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the Chairman.
393 SUPPORTING LOOKED AFTER CHILDREN INTO EDUCATION, EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING – The Chairman welcomed Sue Bond, Virtual School Head Teacher, to the meeting. Sue had been invited to give an overview of the work of the Virtual School and its role in supporting children and young people. Sue explained the Virtual School’s remit, the role of the Head Teacher, support for the excluded, and a number of other issues.
The Chairman led a discussion on related factors, asking questions on issues such as encouraging aspiration, working with other schools, and joint working arrangements.
Resolved – (a) That Sue Bond be thanked for her attendance, presentation, and for answering members’ questions, and (b) that the situation be noted.
394 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.