Standards Committee – 11 December 2013
Venue: Function Room 2, Civic Centre, Scunthorpe
Time: 2 pm
1. Substitutions (if any)
2. Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and Personal or Personal and Prejudicial Interests.
3. To take the minutes of the meeting held on 17 July 2013 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
4. Assessment Panel Proceedings – To receive and where necessary confirm the minutes of the meetings of the panels held on 17 July, 12 September and 15 November, 2013.
5. Complaints Update – Report of the Director of Policy and Resources enclosed.
6. Any other items which the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
PRESENT: Councillor Poole (in the Chair).
Councillors England (Vice-Chairman), Ali, Clark, O’Sullivan, Swift, and Wells.
Co-opted (non-voting) Member: Mr W Harvie.
Independent Person: Mr R Johnson.
The committee met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe
60 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY, PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS – There were no declarations of interest.
61 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the meeting of this committee held on 17 July 2013, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and be signed by the chairman.
62 ASSESSMENT PANEL PROCEEDINGS – The minutes of the meetings of the Assessment Panel held on 17 July, 12 September and 15 November, 2013 were received.
63 (21) COMPLAINTS UPDATE – The Director of Policy and Resources submitted a report updating the committee on progress made with complaints received.
Since 1 July 2012, (the new regime) 42 complaints had been received. Eight were being investigated (two externally) and 15 had recently been assessed with decision records to be finalised. Following assessment, no investigations would be carried out on the remainder.
Resolved – (a) That the report be noted; (b) that a comparison of complaints statistics for neighbouring councils and other councils within the sub-region be submitted to a future meeting, and (c) that clerks to town and parish councils in North Lincolnshire receive a further briefing on the code of conduct and their associated responsibilities.