The full council is made up of all 43 North Lincolnshire councillors. They meet as a full council about four or five times a year (or as required). In line with the Constitution, the full council:
- Sets the council’s overall policies and budgets. This includes setting council tax levels each year.
- Approves the Code of Conduct for councillors and officers.
- Adopts and agrees changes to the Constitution.
- Takes decisions which the leader and cabinet, committees and panels do not have powers to make.
- Agrees to a series of strategies and plans.
- Encourages community engagement.
The council receives reports on other issues and the minutes of the council’s committees and panels.
Council meetings are normally held at Church Square House, 30 – 40 High Street Scunthorpe. They are open to the public. Please note currently all meetings are virtual meetings on Microsoft Teams until further notice.
Dates of full council meetings are listed below. These are for the period 21 September 2020 to 19 May 2021.
Monday 21 September 2pm (this meeting has been postponed to a date to be confirmed)
Tuesday 8 December 2pm
Thursday 25 February 2pm
Wednesday 19 May (Annual Meeting) Part 1 – 10.30 am Normanby Hall; Part 2 – 2 pm Church Square House
Members of the public are always welcome to attend council meetings. Meetings can be observed through the Council’s website by searching for the relevant meeting and clicking on the ‘watch meeting live’ link.
There is also now an opportunity for members of the public and representatives of town and parish councils to ask questions of the leader at council meetings. For more information please contact Richard Mell, Service Manager : Democracy on 01724 296230 or by email at Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org