Safer, Stronger Communities – Rural
(a) The functions and areas of council policy and decision making responsibility to the extent that they are not non-executive are:
- Public Protection including Trading Standards; Water and Food Safety
- Environmental Protection; Licensing; and Animal and Housing Standards
- Leisure, Outdoor Activities and Sports, Positive Activities
- Tourism, including promoting North Lincolnshire visitor attractions
- Community Grants approval and External Funding Development
For the avoidance of doubt, the policy and decision making powers under paragraph (a) above extend to all of North Lincolnshire.
(b) Working with the Cabinet Member for Safer, Stronger Communities – Ashby, Bottesford & Scunthorpe (Urban) to promote within and relating to Rural communities:
- Lifelong learning, library function, skills and employability
- Culture, Heritage and Arts, including Museums and Normanby Hall
Within part (b) of this portfolio reference to ‘Rural’ communities means the wards of Axholme Central, Axholme North, Axholme South, Barton, Brigg and Wolds, Broughton and Appleby, Burringham and Gunness, Burton upon Stather and Winterton, Ferry and Ridge.