Licensing (Activities) Sub-Committee – 24 September 2013
Chairman: To be appointed
Venue: Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 1.30 pm
1. Appointment of Chairman.
2. Declarations of personal or personal and prejudicial interests, and significant contact with applicants, objectors or third parties (lobbying), if any.
3. Licensing Act 2003 – Notice of Hearing
(i) Application for review of a premises licence, Priory News, 72a Priory Lane, Scunthorpe
4. Any other items which the chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
PRESENT: Councillors K Vickers and Wardle.
The sub-committee met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
1127 CHAIRMAN – Resolved – That Councillor K Vickers be and he is hereby appointed chairman for the meeting.
Councillor K Vickers thereupon took the chair.
1128 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS, PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND SIGNIFICANT CONTACT WITH APPLICANTS, OBJECTORS OR THIRD PARTIES (LOBBYING) – There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
1129 (13) LICENSING ACT 2003 – APPLICATION FOR REVIEW OF A PREMISES LICENCE, PRIORY NEWS, 72A PRIORY LANE, SCUNTHORPE, NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE – The Director of Places submitted a report advising members of an application for review of a premises licence for Priory News, 72a Priory Lane, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire.
Details of the application were outlined in the report.
The Director in his report reminded the sub-committee that the options available to it under the Licensing Act 2003 when considering such applications were:
- To modify the conditions of the licence;
- To exclude a licensable activity from the scope of the licence;
- To remove the designated premises supervisor;
- To suspend the licence for a period not exceeding three months;
- To revoke the licence.
A request to vary the procedure for the hearing had been received from the licence-holder’s legal representative, requesting an adjournment to a future date. Following a discussion by the members the decision of the sub-committee was stated as follows:
Resolved – That the meeting be adjourned to a future date.