Licensing (Activities) Sub-Committee – 26 October 2015
Venue: The Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 10 amAGENDA
1. Appointment of Chairman.2. Declarations of personal or personal and prejudicial interests, and significant contact with applicants, objectors or third parties (lobbying), if any.
3. Licensing Act 2003 – Notice of Hearing
(i) Application for the grant of a premises licence at the Stanholme Guest House, Low Street, Haxey.
4. Any other items which the chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillors K Vickers, P Vickers and Wilson
The sub-committee met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
1281 CHAIRMAN – Resolved – That Councillor K Vickers be and he is hereby appointed chairman for the meeting.
Councillor K Vickers thereupon took the chair.
1282 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS, PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND SIGNIFICANT CONTACT WITH APPLICANTS, OBJECTORS OR THIRD PARTIES (LOBBYING) – There were no declarations of pecuniary interests or personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
1283 (23) LICENSING ACT 2003 – APPLICATION FOR THE GRANT OF A premises licence, STANHOLME GUEST hOUSE, LOW STREET hAXEY- Further to minute 1280, the Director of Places submitted a report advising members of an application for the grant of a premises licence at the Stanholme Guest House, Low Street, Haxey.
Details of the application were outlined in the report, together with the application for the grant of the premises licence, comments received from Humberside Fire and Rescue Service, a letter from the Licensing Authority, a letter from Humberside Police, a letter from Public Health, an email from Technical and Environment Service (North Lincolnshire Council), four letters received from Interested Parties, and a location map.
The Director in his report reminded the sub-committee that the options available to it under the Licensing Act 2003 when considering such applications were:
- To refuse to grant the licence
- To grant the licence with additional conditions
- To grant the licence without additional conditions
- To grant the licence but restrict the licensable activities
- To grant the licence with restricted times
This application was previously considered at the meeting on 8 October 2015 (minute 1280 refers), whereby the sub-committee resolved “That the application for the grant of a premises licence at the Stanholme Guest House, Low Street Haxey be deferred to a future date to allow all parties the opportunity to attend and make representations.”
There was no request to vary the procedure.
The applicant, a responsible authority and four Interested Persons addressed the sub-committee and responded to questions.
Following the summary of the case, the meeting was adjourned for deliberation by members and then reconvened when the decision of the sub-committee was stated as follows: –
Resolved – That the application for the grant of a premises licence at the Stanholme Guest House, Low Street, Haxey be granted subject to the following conditions:
1. That the conditions referred to in appendix C be applied to the licence. This is to further the prevention of nuisance objective, to minimise the disruption and nuisance to local residents and to also further the protection to harm of children objective, preventing the sale of alcohol to under age persons.
2. That members of the public and guests shall not consume alcohol outside of the building. This is to further the public nuisance objective and to ensure disruption to local residents is kept to a minimum.
3. That a notice be displayed requiring members of the public to leave the premises quietly. This is to further the prevention of public nuisance objective