Licensing (Activities) Sub-Committee – 6 June 2016
Chairman: To be appointed
Venue: The Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 10 am
1. Appointment of Chairman.
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests, personal or personal and prejudicial interests, and significant contact with applicants, objectors or third parties (lobbying), if any.
3. Licensing Act 2003 – Application for the review of a premises licence – Smiths Convenience, 84-86 Frodingham Road, Scunthorpe
4. Any other items which the chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillors Allcock, Armitage and Glover.
The sub-committee met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
1332 CHAIRMAN – Resolved – That Councillor Allcock be and he is hereby appointed chairman for the meeting.
Councillor Allcock thereupon took the chair.
1333 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS, PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND SIGNIFICANT CONTACT WITH APPLICANTS, OBJECTORS OR THIRD PARTIES (LOBBYING) – The following member declared a personal interests –
|Member||Minute||Nature of Interest|
|Councillor Armitage||1327||Personal licence holder|
1334 (1) LICENSING ACT 2003 – APPLICATION FOR THE REVIEW OF A PREMISES LICENCE, SMITHS CONVENIENCE, 84-86 FRODINGHAM ROAD, SCUNTHORPE – The Director of Places submitted a report advising members of an application for the review of a premises licence at Smiths Convenience, 84-86 Frodingham Road, Scunthorpe.
Details of the application were outlined in the report, together with the application for the review of a premises licence, a representation received from Humberside Police, a representation received from Environmental Health (Commercial) and a location map.
The Director in his report reminded the sub-committee that the options available to it under the Licensing Act 2003 when considering such applications were:
- To modify the conditions of the licence.
- To exclude a licensable activity from the scope of the licence.
- To suspend the licence for a period not exceeding three months.
- To revoke the licence.
The Director of Policy and Resources informed the sub-committee that the Premises Licence Holder had requested that consideration of the review application be deferred to a new date and time to allow his legal representative to attend.
The Chairman consulted the sub-committee members as well as the Applicant for the Review on the Premises Licence Holders request.
Resolved – That the hearing be adjourned and rearranged to a future date, keeping all parties informed.