Licensing (Activities) Sub-Committee – 12 July 2018
Chairman: To be appointed
Venue: The Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 2 pm
E-mail Address: email@example.com
1. Appointment of Chairman.
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests, personal or personal and prejudicial interests, and significant contact with applicants, objectors or third parties (lobbying), if any.
3. Licensing Act 2003 –Application for the grant of a premises licence at Omed Express, 103a Frodingham Road, Scunthorpe.
4. Any other items which the chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillors Clark, Oldfield and C Sherwood.
The sub-committee met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
1520 CHAIRMAN – Resolved – That Councillor Clark be and he is hereby appointed chairman for the meeting.
Councillor Clark thereupon took the chair.
1521 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS, PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND SIGNIFICANT CONTACT WITH APPLICANTS, OBJECTORS OR THIRD PARTIES (LOBBYING) – The following members declared a personal interest –
|Member||Minute Number||Nature of Interest|
|Councillor C Sherwood||1522||Personal Licence Holder|
The following members declared they had been lobbied –
|Member||Minute Number||Lobbied by|
1522 (8) LICENSING ACT 2003 – APPLICATION FOR THE GRANT OF A PREMISES LICENCE, OMED EXPRESS, 103A FRODINGHAM ROAD, SCUNTHORPE – The Director: Operations submitted a report advising members of an application for the grant of a premises licence at Omed Express, 103a Frodingham Road, Scunthorpe.
Details of the application were outlined in the report, together with the application for the grant of a premises licence. No representations or comments were received from Responsible Authorities, nine representations were received from other persons objecting to the application. The Director in the report reminded the sub-committee that the options available to it under the Licensing Act 2003 when considering such applications were:
- To refuse to grant the licence
- To grant the licence with additional conditions
- To grant the licence without additional conditions
- To grant the licence but restrict the licensable activities
- To grant the licence with restricted times
The Director: Governance and Partnerships informed the sub-committee that the applicant had been in contact and informed them that he would not be able to attend the hearing.
The Chairman consulted the sub-committee members.
Resolved – That the hearing be adjourned and rearranged to a future date to allow all parties to attend in the interest of a fair hearing, keeping all parties informed.*
*NB Subsequently a hearing was not required due to the applicant withdrawing the application.