Safer and Stronger Communities Scrutiny Panel – 10 November 2009
PRESENT: Councillor Davison in the Chair.
Councillors Ali, Armitage, Clark, T Foster, Sidell and Simpson
The panel met at Pittwood House, Scunthorpe.
205 DECLARATIONS OF PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – The following members declared personal interests in the following matter:
Nature of Interest
|Councillor Davison||208||Husband employed by Neighbourhood and Environmental Services|
|Councillor Armitage||208||Member of Humberside Combined Fire Authority|
|Councillor Clark||208||Relative received flood grant from North Lincolnshire Council
Knew Mr T Vessey of North East Lindsey Drainage Board
|Councillor T Foster||208||Member of Ancholme Internal Drainage Board|
No whip was declared.
206 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 13 October 2009, and the special meetings held on 20 and 27 October 2009, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chair.
207 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK – There were no requests received.
208 LOCAL ACTION TAKEN TO MANAGE FLOOD RISK IN NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE – Members of the scrutiny panel conducted the following interviews with stakeholders responsible for flood protection as part of their on-going review into the ‘local action taken to manage flood risk in North Lincolnshire’ –
- Sandra Barker, Head of Customer Service, North Lincolnshire Council
- Neil Laminman, Service Director Community Planning and Resources, North Lincolnshire Council
- Rob Beales, Head of Better Roads, North Lincolnshire Council
- Rod Chapman, Asset Team Manager, North Lincolnshire Council
- John Whiteman, Emergency Planning Manager, Humber Emergency Planning Service
- Trevor Vessey, Chief Executive, North East Lindsey Drainage Board
- Tony Parrott, Community Risk Manager, Humberside Fire and Rescue Service
- Keith Ford, Service Director Neighbourhood and Environment
- Phil Hotchin, Head of Streetscene and Landscapes, North Lincolnshire Council
Resolved – (a) That the aforementioned stakeholders be thanked for their attendance and input into the meeting, and (b) that the position be noted.
209 (14) LEADER OF THE COUNCIL’S FORWARD PLAN – NOVEMBER 2009 TO FEBRUARY 2010 – The Service Director Legal and Democratic circulated the Leader of North Lincolnshire Council’s Forward Plan for November 2009 to February 2010.
The plan contained details of all matters and issues likely to be the subject of key decisions for a period of the next four months, updated on a monthly basis. Members discussed various items on the Forward Plan.
Resolved – That the Leader of the Council’s Forward Plan for November 2009 to February 2010 be noted.
210 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for discussion at this meeting.