Safer and Stronger Communities Scrutiny Panel – 2 November 2010
PRESENT: Councillor Davison in the Chair.
Councillors Waltham (vice-chair), Ali, Armitage, Clark, Ellerby and T Foster.
Councillors Collinson and Simpson attended the meeting in accordance with the provisions of Procedure Rule 1.37 (b).
The panel met at Pittwood House, Scunthorpe.
328 DECLARATIONS OF PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – There were no declarations of personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
329 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on19 October 2010, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chair.
330 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK – There were no requests received.
331 SCRUTINY REVIEW – ‘NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE RESIDENTS PERCEPTION OF THE FEAR OF CRIME’ – Members of the panel conducted the following interview with stakeholders as part of their on-going review into ‘North Lincolnshire residents perception of the fear of crime’ –
- Kate Munson, Director of Probation, Humberside Probation Trust (North and North East Lincolnshire Local Delivery Unit)
- Neil Laminman, Service Director Community Planning and Resources, North Lincolnshire Council
- Councillor L Foster, Chair of the Safer Neighbourhoods Strategy Board of the Local Strategic Partnership
- Stuart Minto, Head of Safer Neighbourhoods, North Lincolnshire Council
- Dave Hey, Head of Stronger Communities, North Lincolnshire Council
Resolved – (a) That the aforementioned stakeholders be thanked for their attendance and input into the meeting, and (b) that the position be noted.
332 (21) LEADER OF THE COUNCIL’S FORWARD PLAN – NOVEMBER 2010 TO FEBRUARY 2011 – The Service Director Legal and Democratic circulated the Leader of North Lincolnshire Council’s Forward Plan for November 2010 to February 2011.
The plan contained details of all matters and issues likely to be the subject of key decisions for a period of the next four months, updated on a monthly basis. Members discussed various items on the Forward Plan.
Resolved – That the Leader of the Council’s Forward Plan for November 2010 to February 2011 be noted