Governance Scrutiny Panel – 10 November 2016
Chairman: Councillor Robinson
Venue: Function Room 1, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 6 pm
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. To take the minutes of the meeting of the panel held on 20 October 2016 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
4. Public speaking requests, if any.
5. Community Governance Review
5.1 Discussion and questions with the Head of Policy and Research on undertaking the Community Governance Review consultation
5.2 Next stages
6. Added Item (if any).
7. Any other items that the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Robinson in the chair.
Councillors Gosling (Vice-Chair), Ali, J Davison and Wells.
The panel met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
43 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – The following members declared personal interests –
|Member||Minute||Nature of Interest|
|Councillor Gosling||46||Member of Gunness Parish Council|
|46||Member of Epworth Town Council|
No whip was declared.
44 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 20 October 2016, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chairman.
45 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK – There were no requests received.
46 COMMUNITY GOVERNANCE REVIEW – The Chairman welcomed Lesley Potts to the meeting, the council’s Head of Policy and Research. Mrs Potts had been invited to the meeting to discuss with members how the consultation element of the Community Governance Review could be undertaken.
The Chairman then facilitated a discussion between panel members and Mrs Potts.
Resolved – That Mrs Potts be thanked for her attendance, verbal presentation and for answering members’ questions.
47 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.