Governance Scrutiny Panel – 8 September 2016
Chairman: – Councillor Robinson
Venue: Function Room 1, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 6 p.m
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. To take the minutes of the meeting of the panel held on 21 July 2016 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
4. Public speaking requests, if any.
5. Weight Restrictions on North Lincolnshire’s Roads
6. Added Item (if any).
7. Any other items that the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Robinson in the chair.
Councillors Gosling (Vice-Chair), Ali, J Davison and Mumby-Croft.
The panel met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
22 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – There were no declarations of pecuniary interest or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
23 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 21 July 2016, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chairman.
24 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK – There were no requests received.
25 (6) WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS ON NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE’S ROADS – The Chairman welcomed Chris Matthews and Gareth Denovan, the council’s Assistant Director Community Services and Integrated Transport Engineer respectively to the meeting.
Mr Matthews and Mr Denovan had been invited to the meeting to discuss with members the responsibility for implementing traffic regulation orders, including weight restrictions.
Following a verbal presentation, the Chairman facilitated a discussion between panel members and Mr Matthews and Mr Denovan.
Resolved – That Mr Matthews and Mr Denovan be thanked for their attendance, excellent presentation and for answering members’ questions.
26 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.