Health Scrutiny Panel – 13 December 2016
Chairman: Cllr Mumby-Croft
Venue: Function Room 1, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. To take the minutes of the meetings of the panel held on 5 September 2016, 17 October 2016, and 28 October 2016 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
4. Public speaking requests (if any)
5. Humber, Coast and Vale Sustainability and Transformation Plan – Discussion with the Chief Officer, North Lincolnshire CCG
6. Added item (if any).
7. Any other items which the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
PRESENT:- Councillor Mumby-Croft in the Chair.
Councillors Armiger, Davison, Ellerby and Marper.
The panel met at the Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe.
378 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
379 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 5 September 2016, 17 October 2016, and 28 October 2016, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the Chairman.
380 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK– There were no requests received.
381 HUMBER, COAST AND VALE SUSTAINABILITY AND TRANSFORMATION PLAN – The Chairman welcomed Liane Langdon, Chief Officer of North Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group, to the meeting. The Chairman explained that Liane had been invited to discuss the recently published Sustainability and Transformation Plan and its implications for the health and social care system in North Lincolnshire. Liane gave a presentation discussing the drivers for change, the ‘Big Ideas’ guiding the reconfiguration of services, and how the changes might be implemented.
The Chairman led a discussion, asking questions about issues such as engagement to date, health inequalities, governance, and finance.
Resolved – (a) That Liane Langdon be thanked for her attendance and for answering members’ questions; (b) that additional information on engagement be provided to the panel, and (c) that the situation be noted.
382 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.