People Scrutiny Panel – 14 February 2017
Chairman: Councillor Marper
Venue: Function Room 1, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 1 pm
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. Public speaking requests (if any)
4. To take the minutes of the panel held on 13 December 2016 and 3 January 2017 as a correct record and authorise the Chairman to sign.
5. Cabinet Member and Service Area priorities
5.1 Discussion and questions with the relevant Cabinet Members
5.2 Next stages (if any)
6. Added Item (if any).
7. Any other items, which the chairman decides are urgent, by reasons of special circumstances, which must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Marper in the Chair.
Councillors Bainbridge, Clark, Longcake and Kirk.
Statutory Co-opted Members: Mr W Egan (Church Representative) and Mr S Milner and Mrs P Whittaker (Parent Governor Representatives).
The panel met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
399 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS, AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – Mrs Whittaker declared a personal interest as a foster carer.
No whip was declared.
400 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK – There were no requests received.
401 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 13 December 2016 and 3 January 2017, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the Chairman.
402 CABINET MEMBER AND SERVICE AREA PRIORITIES – The Chairman welcomed Councillor Reed, the council’s Cabinet Member for Adults and Families, and Councillor Rose, the Cabinet Member for Children, Families and Learning, to the meeting. Councillors Reed and Rose had been invited to the panel meeting to update members on any key decisions, important business or key developments, which had occurred, were ongoing, or were planned for the future. Members held a wide-ranging discussion about relevant issues.
Resolved – That the Cabinet Members for Adults and Families and Children, Families and Learning be thanked for their attendance, presentation and for answering members’ questions.
403 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.