People Scrutiny Panel – 26 July 2016
Chairman: Councillor Marper
Venue: Function Room 1, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 1 pm
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. To take the minutes of the meeting of the panel held on 24 May 2016 and 5 July 2016 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
4. Public speaking requests (if any)
5. People Scrutiny Panel – Work Programme
5.1 Discussion with the Assistant Director – Prevention and Commissioning, on issues previously raised by the panel.
6 Site Visit to Sir John Mason House.
7. Added Item (if any).
8. Any other items, which the chairman decides are urgent, by reasons of special circumstances, which must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Marper in the Chair.
Councillors Collinson (Vice-Chair), Bainbridge, Clark, and Longcake.
Statutory Co-opted Member: Mrs P Whittaker (Parent Governor Representatives).
The panel met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
367 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
368 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 24 May 2016 and 5 July 2016, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the Chairman.
369 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK– There were no requests received.
370 PEOPLE SCRUTINY PANEL WORK PROGRAMME – The Chairman welcomed Becky McIntyre, Assistant Director – Prevention and Commissioning, to the meeting. The Chairman explained that Becky had been invited to the panel meeting to update members on two issues of interest; proposals to extend free early years education and dementia.
Becky gave an overview of both topics, describing the background, services, and areas for future development, answering members’ questions throughout.
Resolved – (a) That Becky McIntyre be thanked for her attendance, presentation, and for answering members’ questions, and (b) that the situation be noted.
371 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.