Governance and Standards Scrutiny Panel – 18 October 2018
Chairman: – Councillor Robinson
Venue: Function Room 1, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: – 6 p.m.
- Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
- To take the minutes of the meeting of the panel held on 27 September 2018 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
- Public speaking requests, if any.
- Recycling in North Lincolnshire
5.1 Discussion and questions with the council’s Group Manager – Waste Services
5.2 Next stages, if any.
- Added Item (if any).
- Any other items that the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Robinson in the chair.
Councillors Gosling (Vice-Chair), Clark, Longcake and Swift.
The panel met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
83 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
84 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 27 September 2018, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chairman.
85 RECYCLING IN NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE – Further to Minute 81, the Chairman welcomed John Coates, the council’s Group Manager – Waste Services to the meeting. Mr Coates had been invited to the meeting to answer member’s questions on the following –
- The council’s recycling strategy.
- Council performance against its strategy.
- Council performance against national targets and the performance of its near neighbours.
- Implications of the landfill tax and its impact on the council.
- Council initiatives to improve recycling performance.
The Group Manager delivered a presentation to members, before the Chairman facilitated a discussion on recycling in North Lincolnshire between the Scrutiny Panel and Mr Coates.
Resolved – (a) That the Group Manager – Waste Services be thanked for his attendance, presentation and for answering scrutiny panel members questions, and (b) that council officers be invited to a future meeting to provide a further update.
86 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.