Governance and Standards Scrutiny Panel – 27 September 2018
Chairman: Councillor Robinson
Venue: Function Room 1, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 4 p.m.
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. To take the minutes of the meeting of the panel held on 6 September 2018 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
4. Public speaking requests, if any.
5. Recycling in North Lincolnshire
5.1 An introductory discussion on recycling in North Lincolnshire.
5.2 Next stages, if any.
6. Added Item (if any).
7. Any other items that the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Robinson in the chair.
Councillors Gosling (Vice-Chair), Collinson and Mumby-Croft.
The panel met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
79 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
80 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 6 September 2018, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chairman.
81 RECYCLING IN NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE – The Chairman facilitated a discussion amongst panel members on a briefing report produced by the Director: Operations on waste collection and recycling performance. The panel paid particular attention to –
- The council’s recycling strategy.
- Council performance against its strategy.
- Council performance against national targets and the performance of its near neighbours.
- Implications of the landfill tax and its impact on the council.
- Council initiatives to improve recycling performance.
Resolved – (a) That the briefing report be noted, and (b) that the Director: Operations, or his representative be invited to a future meeting to discuss recycling in North Lincolnshire.
82 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.