Governance and Standards Scrutiny Panel – 6 September 2018
Chairman: Councillor Robinson
Venue: Function Room 1, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 6 p.m.
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. To take the minutes of the meeting of the panel held on 12 July 2018 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
4. Public speaking requests, if any.
5. Council Apprenticeships
5.1 Discussion and questions with the council’s Director: Business Development and the Head of Organisational Development.
5.2 Next stages, if any.
6. Added Item (if any).
7. Any other items that the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Robinson in the chair.
Councillors Clark, Longcake, Swift and Wilson.
The panel met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
75 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
76 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 12 July 2018, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chairman.
77 COUNCIL APPRENTICESHIPS – The Chairman welcomed Helen Manderson and Debbie Haines to the meeting, the council’s Director: Business Development and Head of Organisational Development respectively. Mrs Manderson and Mrs Haines had been invited to the meeting to discuss with members the following –
- number of council apprentices recruited during 2017-18,
- number of council apprentices recruited so far during 2018-19,
- type of apprenticeship available,
- value apprentices add to the organisation,
- feedback from the Employability and Apprenticeships Open Event on Friday 24 August 2018.
Following the verbal presentation, the Chairman facilitated a discussion between panel members and council officers.
Resolved – (a) That the Director: Business Development and Head of Organisational Developmentbe thanked for their attendance, verbal presentation and for answering scrutiny panel members questions, and (b) that council officers be invited to a future meeting to provide a further update.
78 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.