Health Scrutiny Panel – 5 October 2020
Chairman: Cllr Mitchell
Venue: Virtual meeting Microsoft Teams
Time: 2.00 p.m.
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch this meeting live
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. Public speaking request (if any).
4. Discussion and presentation from senior representatives from Rotherham, Doncaster & South Humber NHS Foundation Trust
i. CQC Report
ii. Any other issues (if applicable)
5. Added item (if any).
6. Any other items which the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
PRESENT:- Councillor Mitchell in the Chair.
Councillors Wilson and Wells.
Councillors Armiger, Bainbridge and O’Sullivan attended the meeting in accordance with Procedure Rule 37(b).
The panel met via MS Teams.
552 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – Cllr Wilson and Cllr O’Sullivan declared personal interests on item 554 as they were Governors at Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust.
No whip was declared.
553 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK – There were no requests received.
554 DISCUSSION WITH REPRESENTATIVES FROM ROTHERHAM, DONCASTER AND SOUTH HUMBER NHS FOUNDATION TRUST – The Chairman welcomed Tracey Wrench, Executive Director of Nursing and Allied Health Professionals, Rachel Millard, Deputy Director of Nursing, Kate Baxendale, Deputy Director Safety and Quality, Vicky Clare, Associate Nurse Director – North Lincs Care Group, Christina Harrison, Care Group Director – Children’s Care Group, and Laura Powell, Compliance Officer, to the meeting.
The Chairman explained that the representatives from Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust had been invited to discuss the outcomes of their recent CQC report
Tracey, Rachel, Vicky, Kate and Christina delivered a detailed presentation on the outcomes of the CQC report and the actions that had been taken by the Trust to improve services for local people. The presentation covered:
- The CQC report and service ratings,
- Areas of outstanding practice,
- CQC findings across the five domains,
- The Trust’s action plan, progress, and future plans for further improvements, and
- Learning from inccidents.
The panel asked a number of subsequent questions, covering topics such as handling Serious Incidents, staffing issues, the Trust’s performance on Mandatory Training requirements, the Improvement Plan, and the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Resolved – (a) That Tracey Wrench, Rachel Millard, Kate Baxendale, Christina Harrison, Vicky Clare, and Laura Powell be thanked for their attendance, their presentation, and for providing answers to members’ questions; (b) that the situation be noted, and (c) that the panel maintain an oversight of progress on the Improvement Plan.
555 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.