Places Scrutiny Panel – 6 October 2020
Chairman: – Councillor Evison
Venue: Virtual Meeting Microsoft Teams
Time: – 2:00 pm
Watch this meeting live
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. To take the minutes of the meeting of the panel held on 14 July 2020 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
4. Public speaking requests, if any.
5. Added Item – Neighbourhood Action Teams – Original Concept, Current Provision and Future Role.
5.1 To consider an added item submitted in accordance with the council’s Procedure Rules by Councillor A Davison.
5.2 Discussion and questions with Stuart Minto, Principal Officer – Safer Neighbourhoods.
5.3 Next stages, if any.
6. Places Scrutiny Panel – Future Work Programme and Priorities.
7. Any other items that the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Evison in the chair.
Councillors Swift (Vice-Chair) and Allcock.
This was a Microsoft Teams Virtual Online Meeting.
40 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) – There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests, or personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
41 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 14 July 2020, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chairman.
42 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK – There were no requests received.
43 ADDED ITEM – Neighbourhood Action Teams – Original Concept, Current Provision and Future Role – The Chairman informed the Panel that Councillor A Davison had, in accordance with the council’s Constitution, submitted an added item on ‘Neighbourhood Action Teams – original concept, current provision and future rule’. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Councillor Davison was unable to attend the meeting. However, Councillor Davison had wrote a letter explaining the rationale behind the added item, which the Chairman read out to the Panel. The Chairman invited the council’s Principal Officer – Safer Neighbourhoods, who was in attendance, to respond to the points made in the letter.
Following the Principal Officers response, the Chairman invited the Panel Members to comment on the added item submitted by Councillor Davison, as well as the points made by the Principal Officer – Safer Neighbourhoods.
Resolved – (a) That the Principal Officer – Safer Neighbourhoods be thanked for his attendance, verbal presentation and for answering members questions, and (b) that, once the council review had been concluded, the Places Scrutiny Panel revisit the subject of Neighbourhood Action Teams.