Standards Committee (Assessment Panel) – 23 January 2013
Chairman: Councillor Poole
Venue: Function Room 1, Civic Centre, Scunthorpe
Time: on the rising of Standards Committee which commences at 2pm
- Declarations of personal or personal and prejudicial interests, if any.
- Any other items that the chair decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
The public are likely to be excluded from the meeting for consideration of the following items on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
- Localism Act 2011 – Code of Conduct – To consider five complaints.
The following documents are enclosed for each complaint: Exempt
(i) Complaint and supporting documents (ii) Response from subject member(s) (iii) Response from Town Council (where appropriate)
Also enclosed are (iv) The Code of Conduct, and (v) North Lincolnshire Council’s Assessment Criteria.
PRESENT: Councillors Poole (in the chair), Davison and England.
The committee met at The Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
12. DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY, PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS – There were no declarations of interest.
13. EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC – Resolved – That the public be excluded from the meeting for consideration of the following item (Minute 3 refers) on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraph 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
14. (7) LOCALISM ACT 2011 – CODE OF CONDUCT – COMPLAINTS – In accordance with the Council’s adopted Arrangements, the Panel considered four complaints. In each case the Panel had been provided with the complaint and the response of the subject member and, where appropriate the Clerk to the Town Council.
Mr J Goolden (Independent Person) attended and gave his views on complaints 12/20, 12/22 and 12/23 (minutes 3 (i) and (iii) refer). Mr R Johnson (Reserve Independent Person) attended and gave his views on complaint 12/21 (Minute 3 (ii) refers).
(i) Complaints 12/20 and 12/23 by two members of a town council against a member of that town council – Resolved – That no action be taken on this complaint.
(ii) Complaint 12/21 by a member of the public against a member of North Lincolnshire Council – Resolved – That no action be taken on this complaint.
(iii) Complaint 12/22 by a member of a town council against two members of that town council – Resolved – That this complaint be referred for investigation in respect of both subject members.