Standards Committee – 17 July 2013
Time: 2 pm
- Substitutions (if any)
- Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and Personal or Personal and Prejudicial Interests.
- To take the minutes of the meeting held on 27 March 2013 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
- Assessment Panel – To receive the minutes of the meetings of the Assessment Panel held on 27 March, 2 May, 23 May and 27 June 2013.
- Complaints update.
- Draft Annual Report – 2012/2013.
- Any other items which the chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
Note: All reports are by the Director of Policy and Resources unless otherwise stated.
PRESENT: – Councillor Poole (in the Chair).
Councillors England (Vice-Chairman), Bainbridge, Glover, O’Sullivan, Swift, and Wells.
Co-opted (non-voting) Member: Mr W Harvie.
Independent Person: Mr J Goolden.
The committee met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe
31 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY, PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS – There were no declarations of interest.
32 MINUTES – Resolved – That the minutes of the meeting of this committee held on 27 March 2013, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and be signed by the chairman.
33 ASSESSMENT PANEL PROCEEDINGS – The minutes of the meetings of the Assessment Panel held on 27 March, 2 May, 23 May and 27 June 2013 were received.
34 (3) COMPLAINTS UPDATE – The Director of Policy and Resources submitted a report updating the committee on progress made with complaints received.
All complaints submitted under the previous, pre-July 2012 regime had now been concluded.
Since 1 July 2012,15 complaints had been received. Three were being investigated, two had been referred for external assessment and one was to be considered by the Assessment Panel on the rising of this meeting
Resolved – That the report be noted.
35 (4) ANNUAL REPORT – 2012/2013 – The Monitoring Officer submitted a draft report. It was proposed to submit this to Council and also circulate it to town and parish councils in the area.
Resolved – (a) That the report be approved and submitted to council, and (b) that the 2012/2013 and 2011/2012 Annual Reports be circulated to town and parish councils in the North Lincolnshire area.