Annual Meeting of the Council – 20 May 2019
Venue and Time: Part 1 – At 10.30am at Normanby Hall, Normanby Part 2 – At 2:00pm at Church Square House, Scunthorpe (Conference room)
Part 1 – At 10.30am at Normanby Hall, Normanby for the following business –
1. To elect a Mayor.
2. Vote of thanks to retiring Mayor.
3. To appoint a Deputy Mayor.
AT THIS POINT IN THE PROCEEDINGS THE MEETING WILL BE ADJOURNED AND THEN RECONVENED as follows –
Part 2 – At 2:00pm at Church Square House, Scunthorpe (Conference room) for the following business –
4. Election of Councillors – Report by the Chief Executive
5. To approve dates for meetings of the Council in accordance with Section 2, Schedule 12 of the Local Government Act, 1972.
6. (a) Local Government and Housing Act 1989 – Political Composition and Balance of the Council – Report by the Director: Governance and Partnerships
(b) The Chief Executive to report the appointment of Group Leaders, Deputy Leaders and Secretaries.
(c) To elect the Leader of the Council for a four year term.
(d) To note the number of members to be appointed to the Cabinet and their Cabinet Member portfolios.
(e) To establish and appoint members to committees, scrutiny panels and key outside bodies.
(f) To appoint Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of committees and panels.
(g) To appoint lead members on key ‘champion’ themes.
(h) To consider a timetable of meetings for 2019/2020.
(i) To pass such other resolutions as may be appropriate.